How to Find The Right Home Care Agency
We have some essential questions that can help prepare you for this difficult decision.
- What type of agency is this? (Home Care, Employment, Registry/Broker or Independent Contractor)
- Does the agency accept the responsibility for any of the following with regards to its staff?(Screening, Training, Insurance, Supervision)
- How long as the agency provided this kind of care?
- How does the agency screen and select caregivers for an assignment?
- Does the agency hire independent contractors?
What of the following are conducted with all employees? How often? (References Verified, Drug Testing and Criminal Background Screen)
- Who helps our family develop an individualized plan of care? Is he/she a licensed health care professional?
- How are emergencies handled outside of business hours?
How to assess a home care agency [AGIS]