CLAUDICATION WALKING PROGRAM
March 19, 2008
I did 3 days of shadowing (observeship) on the vascular floor and clinic. Before I forget I would like to put down what I learned for claudication walking program:
- The goal is to walk for 30 minutes three times per day (every other day).
- Speed is not a factor. Comfortable pace is best.
- Stop walking and rest when legs are near maximal pain.
- Rest for a few minutes, then continue walking. (Total walking time should be 3o minutes.)
- Keep a chart of your progress. In 6-8 weeks you should be able to walk farther without stopping due to pain in your legs.