Mistakes I Made After I wrote Step 1
1. Didn’t start studying right away for Step 2 CK.
2. Asked for more hours at work, and that kept me busy for more than 3 months.
3. Watched Kaplan lectures and read Kaplan notes, which is very time consuming.
4. Couldn’t figure out which one is the best short review book to supplement Kaplan notes.
5. Didn’t stay in touch with my colleagues who helped me for Step 1.
6. Enrolled and started studying for Step 2 CS in the middle of the studying for Step 2 CK.
What I had to do:
1. Start studying right away for Step 2 CK.
2. Start practicing the usmleworld Q-bank questions, instead of reading Kaplan notes (the notes are very good but too lengthy, not possible to remember everything). If I just added usmleworld Qs and First Aid for Step 2 over the knowledge for Step 1, this is more than enough for a score more than 95. Now, I started forgetting Step 1 material and have to go back and review it again. The Qs for Step 2 are the same like Step 1, with some upgrades for diagnosis and therapy.
3. Zero hours at work.
Now, I am extending my preparation with one more year. I hoped I could make it for much 2009, but it is too late now.