Long time no see. Anyways, I am back and this time I have an idea to boost up the studying of USMLE takers. The idea is very simple. On this post you can find my plurk and twitter accounts. I played around with these too micro blogging websites. Twitter is the major one. I like it and use it, but more for everyday things and announcements. I found plurk super easy to use, with very cool design and interface, which is suitable for my idea. I need 5 people (10 is better, but it will take too much time) who are preparing for step 2 CK. Everyone will post 1 time per day. The post will be short (140 characters) and it will be a common medical fact important for step 2 CK. Example of that type of most is: Anticoagulation therapy is the MC bleeding disorder responsible for brain hemorrhage. So, five people will post 5 times a day, for 30 days everyone will learn 150 facts. If it works out for us we can start posting 2 facts a day, or include 5 more people, which will make 300 facts each month. Not bad at all.
To reduce the waist of time to minimum, I would like each of us to check his/her plurk account evening time. By doing this you can see the posts of the other 4 people in your USMLE plurk list.
How to do it:
1. Go to http://plurk.com and register free acount.
2. You can find me here
3. Add me as a friend
4. Start plurking madical facts and learn more from your plurk friends. Have fun and study at the same time.
Some basic rules for the first month:
1. Plurk one med fact every day. If you skip one day, explain the reason for it and catch up by plrking 2 facts the day after.
2. You must have as friends and follow only the USMLE plurkers.
3. USMLE takers preparing for USMLE step 2 CK are preferable, but if not enough candidates, step 1 USMLE takers are welcome too.