Skip to content

Job search

Job search websites for MDs:


Real estate, safety, schools, etc:




5 Comments leave one →
  1. Gilberto Alvarez permalink
    May 2, 2008 4:03 pm

    I am a physician (G.P) with an unrestricted license to practice medicine in Puerto Rico.
    I do not have the Steps (previously attempted them).
    Is there any way a can practice medicine in California with my license from here (reciprocity)?
    Please let me know and feel free to contact me.
    Dr. Gilberto Alvarez

  2. May 2, 2008 6:37 pm

    As far as I know you need to have ECFMG license in order to practice medicine in US.
    Probably there are some other ways and programs, but I don’t know about them.
    If you have any other questions, please ask.

    BTW, how is the standard of living of a family physician in Puerto Rico?

  3. May 21, 2008 7:09 am

    IMGs (International medical Graduates) must go through ECFMG if they wish to practice medicine in the US. Visit: ecfmg dot org

  4. carrie permalink
    August 10, 2008 5:22 pm

    If you graduated from medical school in Puerto Rico, you are not considered an IMG. No ECFMG certification is required if this is the case; however, I don’t know about reciprocity between Puerto Rico and California. Just wanted to clarify that Puerto Rican medical schools DO NOT produce IMGs.

  5. August 10, 2008 5:50 pm

    @carrie: Thanks for the information. I guess that Puerto Rican medical students still need to pass the steps in order to get licensed for practice (like any other American graduate).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: